1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Shield

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JNEWFIFTY, Sep 2, 2008.

?

Who is most likely to die when we're all said and done?

1. Vic

13.6%
  2. Shane

59.1%
  3. Ronnie

9.1%
  4. Aceveda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

18.2%
  1. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Don't speed.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I won't.
    Especially after Saturday

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

This season is going to have such a big body count. How many of the main characters are going to bite it?

Is Mackey a casualty, or will he be the last man standing, Tony Soprano-style?

Liked the first episode, and can't wait to watch tonight's.

4. EStreetJoe

Solid episode last night and some great lines from Vic. This season is shaping up quite nicely.

5. I can't see it any other way than Vic being a casualty to fade to black. But I get the feeling it's going to be kind of a slow season until the last few episodes, then hold on.

6. EStreetJoe

c.c. pounder gave an open-ended hint as to how things are going to end in a recent interview:
    "Vic's going to get what's coming to him"

Whether that means personal tragedy in the form of his family getting killed or if it means he gets arrested and charged with all the crimes he's committed or if it ends with him dead or if it's something else we'll just have to wait and see.

7. Highway 101

Good show tonight.

8. EStreetJoe

Great show tonight. Can't wait 'till next week.

9. Highway 101

I thought last week was kind of a waste. Not so tonight. They really set up some good story lines and did so with drama — especially at the end.

I was pissed when tonight's show ended because I wanted at least one more segment. Guess I'll get it next week.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've got to think there is something more to Agent Murray than she's letting on. It would be a hoot if she turned out to be related to the guy Mackey offed in the first episode.
    Liked Mackey's line about the money train cash "we burned through it" (so true).

11. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

I'm with Highway 101 -- I really wanted one more segment tonight. This is already pretty intriguing. And the preview made it look like a blood bath might commence next week. Riveting stuff.

12. EStreetJoe

If there is something more to Agent Murray, my money would be on that she's really IAD - trying to gain Vic's trust and then seeing if he'll slip up.

Draft saved Draft deleted