1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Shield

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Riddick, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Vic has no qualms about killing people... even cops that get in his way. The guy is bad news.

He is a phenominal character though!

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

He also keeps the drugs out of schools and limits the number of innocent bystanders killed.

3. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Re-newed for a seventh season - YES!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20070322:ap_on_tv_the_shield__ER:1;_ylt=AsSp35fOUJU3gA_IIFUbIHbHv9EF

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

That is certainly interesting. I am not sure where they are going to go with the story. It will be a fun ride though!

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

My suspicion: Vic takes care of Shane by the end of Season 6 (which is really the second half of Season 5, but because of the long delay is now considered its own season), and by Season 7 it's Vic vs. the world -- Acevada, Kavanaugh, Claudette, his wife, Dutch, Antwon (hell, Ronnie maybe).

I'm almost positive Season 7 is the final one. If they decided to go further, though, you could add a shitload of new storyline possibilities by having Mackey in jail and trying to run the Strike Team remotely while keeping his ass from getting shived. Problem is, you take Lemonhead and (assumably) Shane out, and you've really changed the show's dynamics.

6. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Chiklis confirmed on an interview show I saw on Fox Movie Channel the other day that season 7 will be the last (for the usual reasons....want to avoid getting stale, other projects, etc.).

Draft saved Draft deleted