1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Shield

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Riddick, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Anyone watch it? The new season is coming out soon and it just got me to thinking.
    Would u prefer a cop who busted the heads and infringed on the rights of criminals, yet got tremendous results.
    Or, would you prefer the other guy, who always follows the rules, but doesn't make a real difference?
    And yes, I figure there's that third option. The cop who always follows the rules AND makes a difference. But not sure if that guy is real or a fictional character.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the new season of The Shield to begin next month.
    To answer your question, is there a cop whose methods fall between those of Vic and Dutch?

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I'm trusting a Vic over a Dutch.
    Dutch solves cases, but Vic keeps the peace. I hate to say it, but I prefer a bunch of bangers killing each other instead of accidently killing me.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I prefer Assy McGee -- whatever he is.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Assy McGee is an ass that fights crime, smokes through his butthole and does a fine job of shooting up the town, even though Assy doesn't have arms. Still not sure how Assy drew his gun or pulled the trigger.
    Side note: It was A. McGee on the tvguide onscreen listings.

6. EStreetJoe

The Shield Online Only Episode... Season 5.5
    http://tv.yahoo.com/the-shield/show/33571
    15 minutes... takes place after last season's season finale and prior to this year's Season premier

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I am real high on The Shield. I ended up getting my father into it. The show is just phenominal.

Vic Mackey has sort of an anti-hero quality to him but the dude is bad. He loves his friends, but when it comes to anyone else, it is all about Vic. The guy sells people down the river and collects payments to allow drug dealers to stay on the street while busting the competition.

I'll watch the show. I'll like him as a character. But there is no way I would spend any time with someone like that.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I love The Shield. Top three must-watch-that-night shows for me.

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I wouldn't want to hang out with him, but I don't think I would mind if he was a cop in one of the local slums.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Love The Shield but Vic is an immoral badass.

If I had to pick a cop role model, it'd be Jimmy McNulty.

11. EStreetJoe

I love The Shield as well.. have since episode 1 of season 1.
    Can't wait until the new season starts April 3.

The wife is going to hate me dominating the VCR three nights in a row starting April 8 (Sopranos Sundays, 24 Mondays and The Shield Tuesdays)... thankfully she's a 24 fan. Then again, I might not need it for the Sopranos as I can catch it on HBOWest when I get home from work.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

screw the role model. I want a cop who everyone else fears. And Vic would scare the shit out of me.

Draft saved Draft deleted