1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Shield Series Finale

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Sacamano, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Any thoughts on tonight's series finale? I must admit that this is one show that had dropped into the Tivo it and watch it on Wed or Thur but I will be there at 10 tonight. Any predictions?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think I'll have to tape it. I'm sure there will be points where I just hit pause and yelll "HOLY SH*T"!
    Yup, no DVR.

One question - it seemed to all start with Mackey killing Terry. Why did he kill him? Terry didn't have anything on Mackey.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yeah, Terry was working with either Internal affairs or the feds and Mackey found out. That's why he killed him. Him doing his laundry list of sins last week was pretty awesome.

I think it will be a blood bath with Mackey possibly the only one left standing. Claudette probably drops dead, Shane, Ronnie, etc. probably get shot, Dutch may choke another cat. Who knows what will happen, but I'm stoked!

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Definitely a bloodbath coming. And I can't wait.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I don't watch this show, but Sepinwall says it's his favorite series final ever, of any show, surpassing Sopranos, The Wire, Six Feet Under, Freaks and Geeks, Buffy, etc.

That's a pretty solid endorsement.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just seems like Vic got a lot more creative in leveraging people since he shot Terry. Surely he could have come up with something a little less obvious than icing him.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

I understand it's supposed to be pretty good. A few papers have run reviews on it. I used to watch the show in the beginning off and on and stopped.

8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Shane has to die. I mean the guy is lucky to have made this far. The one thing that keeps sticking in my mind is the fake passports that Vic stole while hunting for Shane a couple of episodes ago. I get the feeling that those will come into play somehow.

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Up here in Canada, I think we're a few episodes behind. Shane and his wife robbed the cashier's cheque place last night. There was no Vic confession. How far are we away?

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

next episode I think.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

My predictions, having read zero newspaper reviews:
    -- Dutch will get shot by that psychopathic kid teen time he goes over to that woman's house and Billings will have set it up somehow to get revenge on Dutch
    -- Claudette will collapse and die from stress
    -- Mara will miscarry causing Shane to go off the deep end and kill himself
    -- Vic will be heading to prison
    -- Ronnie and Aceveda get shot during a shootout during the drug raid

Quick comment for those who will be taping tonight:
    FX keeps saying the 90-minute series finale but the listings on the Cable Guide show it running from 10-11:45, which is 105 minutes.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My predictions:

Dutch kills that kid and feels good about it.

Shane drops Mara off at the hospital, goes on a coke binge, track down Vic and Ronnie, then dies at Ronnie's hands in a shootout. Ronnie is then arrested, but told he can save himself if he spills everything on Vic. Ronnie doesn't know about Vic's deal. He goes along with the plan, but cannot give them anything that Vic hasn't already fessed up to. Ronnie is sent to prison.

Aceveda floats above everything.

Mara, left alone by Shane (who is dead), dies alone in an abandoned house. Her son then wanders out into the neighborhood, is found, and police eventually find her body through him.

Claudette remains in charge, but is close to the edge because of her disease and because she no longer trusts a single person she works with.

VICTOR Mackey walks away from everything and everyone. But he no longer has a family or friends. His new employers hate him. And he's fine with it all.

Draft saved Draft deleted