1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Shield (6/5 spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pastor, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm rather dumbfounded that there wasn't a thread on last week's episode or last night's episode.

What an amazing two weeks it was. I can't say that I was too happy with the way it seemed like this season ended, but holy shit.

Last season conscience was a killer. This one it was sort of the saving grace.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Shane has turned into a nut job. Actually, everyone who dabbles in the dark arts on this show goes off the deep end, except for Vic. Kavanaugh wound up in jail, Lem is dead, Aceveda is about to watch his political career implode, Gilroy died in Mexico, Hiatt screwed up a routine gang initiation sting and is on his way out. Only Ronnie has avoided a bad fate, but that's because he's staying loyal to Vic. Everything they do makes Vic look better by contrast. Vic hasn't really done anything bad for awhile, but everything he did long ago is spiraling out of control.

I would like a better story for Dutch next season. The stuff with Billings and Hanlon was kinda lame. I want to see more robust police procedural stuff from him, maybe something that has him closing in on Vic while Vic and Shane head for their showdown and Aceveda goes at it with that businessman.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was surprised how quickly they wrapped everything up. All the sudden Hiatt's a goner (was it the gang initiation or him getting sweaty with officer Tina?) I dig Dutch but thought the hookup with Dani was kind of out of no-where. Whatever happened to the black detective who worked on the strike team who got pummeled by Shane? Not enough Aceveda or CCH Pounder for my tastes this year. Next year it all ends. Shane dies, Vic walks away and Ronnie takes over the Strike Team. Acevda's political carreer lies in ruins. Dutch and Dani marry.

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I think this season kinda suffered the same fate as 24. Excellent season last year, just an average season this year.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It was a good season, not as good as last year, but that was hard to top. Problem was, too many plot points got resolved so abruptly you wondered if they were trying to fit two seasons into one. Kavanaugh goes down in the second episode. Hiatt goes from chosen one to out on his ass in two weeks. Tina goes from screwup/target of Dutch's infatuation to PR cop with a prissy attitude to Farmington covergirl to Hiatt fucktoy in like eight weeks. And Dutch and Dani seems so ... wrong.

Ending was a letdown, but they can't all be Shane dropping a grenade in Lem's lap.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

The show ended without a big bang like I expected. It just kind of ended. And since Vic walked away from his hearing, I'd liek to see how he keeps his job. He'll have to do some real heroic shit now.

But yeah Shane is gone way over the edge. So I guess he's become the bitch of another gangster. Way to go yokel. The stuff with him locking Vic's wife and daughter in that building was pretty weird.

And I think the black cop is still a vegetable now.

It was nice to see more of officer Tina! BUt agreed, teh stuff with Dutch and Dani seemed kind of forced. Maybe Vic can ask Dutch if he kissed Dani. He can answer yes, so Vic can asks him how his dick tasted.

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Vic has a trunk full of blackmail material. There's no way he gets fired.

Draft saved Draft deleted