1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The semi-official top sj.com pet award

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Dec 8, 2007.

?

Who is the top pet on sj.com

1. Murphy the Dog

27.3%
  2. The Coda kitty

36.4%
  3. stan_solo

33.3%
  4. Write-Brain's squirrel

3.0%
  1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Since my cat (who was in my side saddle for a few months) and the ceiling cat weren't nominated, I'm abstaining from voting.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Close to Yoda, this cat is.

3. lono

lono Active Member

Close to what I look like in the morning, this cat is.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Ask not what The Murph can do for you, but what can you do for The Murph.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Not pleased with his Nader-like performance so far:

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa307/Write-brained/?action=view&current=MOV02004.flv

6. stan_solo

stan_solo New Member

I deserve the top SportsJournalists.com pet award. Mom made me endure this embarrassing outfit so she could take a picture, just to put in her side sig. I don't look good in white! Not to mention that I'm no angel, dammit!

[​IMG]

7. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I voted for Stan because he has the classic "M" on his forehead. That, and he is the spitting image of a former cat I had named "Spot," who unfortunately was eaten by a coyote. :'(

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I believe the squirrel also has the "M" on his forehead. Maybe not, though. I was blinded by the fear and the rage emanating from his two-pound body.

(I assume he weighs two pounds. Whenever I killed a squirrel in Oregon Trail, I brought two pounds of meat back to my wagon.)

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Stan's cool, the codas say. Would be no shame in losing to his fine self.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Gotta be Murph.

11. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I don't have a pic of Smiley Hammond hosted anywhere but Facebook, so she's in my sidesaddle.

And there's no doubt she should be added to the poll.

12. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Murph's stumping for votes has been removed, for I will always see Murph as the official pet of SportsJournalists.com, regardless the outcome of any poll. Murphy's had a rough year with the arrival of Jacob and the increased work hours of Mrs. CI and myself.

Without his status on SportsJournalists.com, frankly, he'd not have much. Vote if you must, but Murph's place in the hierarchy of this site cannot be challenged.

Draft saved Draft deleted