1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second Official SJ.Com Secret Santa Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

OK, ladies and gents, it's November. Or will be in 20 minutes. And I'm going to give people more time (hopefully) to shop and get their stuff in the mail.

I think we set a limit of $20 last year, buy as many things as you want. Please try to get somewhere in that neighborhood, so someone doesn't spend $20 and get a dustpan from the dollar store in return.

If you want to participate, PM me with your address. I will put all participants in a hat on Nov. 14th and draw names to match up posters. If you want to include your name for mailing purposes, only myself and your Santa will know it. If you're fine with having your handle listed on a package being delivered to your home, then cool enough.

Include possible gift ideas or interests when you PM me, and I'll pass them along to your Santa when I send out matchups.

As last year, I'll need someone who doesn't mind not being a "secret" Santa to take my name. I want to be in this too!!

It went pretty well last year, but I'm cutting it off earlier this year. Please make sure you can purchase and mail a gift by the early part of December. I had too many people waiting until the end of January to get their stuff last year.

Happy Holidays!

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

How about 20 dustpans? You can never have too many dustpans.

Pics of me in assless chaps have to be worth at least $13.74.....

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

This just in: I will have the Pope send his gift to me, I'll have the post office inspect it, before I send it on to you. ;)

And, as clarification, the gift exchange is open to all religions, creeds, races, sexes and levels of intelligence. Sadly.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Wait, so you really are Dirk Benedict?

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hopefully, my Santa will pull a Michael Scott and buy me an Ipod. :D

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm soooo in, and hoping for cheese thingies and pralines again this year!

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Can I regift my GOP hat if I draw one of the Fenian gang? :)

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I dibs Oz. I could find a good Mizzou coffee mug for 20 bucks, I'm sure.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

One lucky SOB is getting gold foil wrapped russets
    [​IMG]

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

While the Christmas threads seem to come earlier every year, rest assured that the official Festivus airing-of-grievances thread will wait until Dec. 23.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Buck, I think you just aired a grievance

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You're infringing on my right to celebrate new holidays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.