1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second 2012 SJ.Com Presidential Poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 30, 2012.

?

Who will you vote for in the 2012 Presidential Election

1. Barack Obama

49 vote(s)
    74.2%
  2. Mitt Romney

17 vote(s)
    25.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Romney. Just wanted to address your post and say that's a big worry for me too. I'm a conservative but I don't want to see a return to those days. Just as many women are capable of political office and power as men are. :)

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Video of TrooperBari stating the preference for "None of the Above":

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I could actually, under different circumstances, vote for Romney.

But I'm terrified of a Republican sweep in the house, senate and white house.

So Obama it is .... not much of a difference between the two, except which Congressmen they'll be friendly to.

4. RecoveringDesker

RecoveringDesker Active Member

I believe it'll be Romney. I no longer work in journalism, and in the course of my everyday contacts now I run into quite a few people who are less than thrilled with the direction this country is headed.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

Obama. He took over when the economy was the worst in 80 years and kept us out of a depression. If somebody takes a look at the lost jobs per month in the year before Obama came in and the trend starting three months after he took the oath of office, you can see the trend reversing.

Obama also took actions that have allowed the survival of General Motors. The bailout of the banks, which is the reason the deficit is so high, saved a couple of other major banks from going under and threatening the banking system.

Oh yeah, has anybody seen Osama bin Laden lately?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Obama. Romney doesn't scare me, but the Republican House and Senate are horrific and can only get worse; therefore Obama is check against the Republican desire to remake this country in their image.

7. sprtswrtr10

sprtswrtr10 Member

Obama. I'm a Dem, a little left of center, don't believe in trickle down economics and clearly a social liberal. So of course he's my guy. But more than that and maybe most important, I believe in the America that produces somebody like him. I do not believe in the America of rich white men. Look at the faces at an Obama rally. It is the melting pot. That's my America … BTW, I am a white maie, age 43. There aren't many like me, but thankfully I'm not alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.