1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second 2012 SJ.Com Presidential Poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 30, 2012.

?

Who will you vote for in the 2012 Presidential Election

1. Barack Obama

49 vote(s)
    74.2%
  2. Mitt Romney

17 vote(s)
    25.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Obama, with the caveat that I would have said McCain at this time four years ago.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Obama. Because I think the GOP will spend more time trying to undo the last four years instead of addressing the issues of the day. That, and returning to the "good ol' days" when women were shoeless and knocked up.

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Obama.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Obama, although I would have been tempted by Romney if he grew some backbone and was more of a centrist vs. trying to curry the favor of the hard right.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Like Trooper. None of the above.

6. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

If you read my political posts enough, there should be no doubt but, just in case there is: Obama.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Obama

I see no other leader in the pipeline who has the ability to inspire younger voters — the very ones needed to push up against an aging, retiring electorate that is unlikely to tackle the issue of entitlements. And that's the issue that must be tackled to ensure the long-term viability of the country. While Obama isn't in the position to take on entitlements, keeping younger voters engaged and believing in the merit of government is important for the next 10 years or so.

8. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Obama.

He's been somewhat disappointing, but considering what he faced coming in and the obstructionism from GOP Congress members, he's actually acquitted himself fairly well when you take a closer look. Romney doesn't seem like a bad guy or an ideologue and he's obviously a very competent businessman but if he wins he'll be way too beholden to the right. And above all, I feel more comfortable having Obama pick the next 2-3 Supreme Court justices than Romney.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Obama, because he makes me proud to be an American.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Neither, because one is a Mormon and the other is a complete slapdick with no redeeming political qualities in my eyes.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Neither. But tomorrow in my local council election, I shall begrudgingly vote Labour. The candidate receiving my vote will finish DFL out of three, and he's getting my vote only because the Green Party candidate from last time is running in a different precinct.

I suspect I'll be dead before I vote Liberal Democrat again.

</britishjack>

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Romney is exactly the kind of conservative I always thought I'd be tempted by, and Obama has been about as disappointing a liberal as I've seen in my lifetime. But, still, it's just not going to happen with the social policies that Romney's party represents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.