1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The search for Bigfoot is over

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

It was just on CNN.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The fact a known Bigfoot hoaxer (Biscardi) is involved in this should raise more red flags than Chinese fans at the Olympics.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Surprise. It's fake.

http://www.cbs46.com/news/17232407/detail.html#-

4. KG

KG Active Member

I'd like to know where in Northern Georgia it took them a day and a half to hike in.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Color me shocked!

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Another black eye to the profession of journalism, considering how much pub these guys got. And I don't care if journos were "skeptical", the fact that they milked this story for a couple of weeks is a joke.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Does this mean The History Channel's 'Monster Quest' can stop doing an episode on every state's particular Big Foot variant.
    I like 'Monster Quest,' but I'm tired of the Big Foot stuff.
    Best 'Monster Quest' episode: chupacabra.

8. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Clearly you have not seen the episode about 'rods.' That episode was high f-ing comedy, especially when they conclusively debunked the thing at the end. I had never heard of 'rods' until this episode of this show, and I'm a sucker for a good bigfoot, loch ness, ufo story, so that surprised me. I really think the 'experts on rods' in this episode were completely fake, paid actors. Seriously, if you watch this show and haven't seen this episode, you've missed the best part.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've seen that episode. Like you, I had never heard of rods before.
    I liked the episode because it so thoroughly debunked everything.
    Chupacabra was the best though. Those carcasses didn't look right. I don't know what they were.
    I'm sick of the Big Foot, grass man, skunk ape episodes, though.
    Also bad episodes: mutant canines and the giant cats (although that had a great debunking).

10. KG

KG Active Member

Are rods anything like snipes?

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Wait, so the same guy who argued in support of the idea that autism is fake believes that Bigfoot is real?

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You give us a link from Australia and it's not about Ian "the Thorpedo" Thorpe.

Fail, you reek of.

Draft saved Draft deleted