1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "Scary" music thread; What's your live/outtake bootleg collection like?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I need that. Gimmie! :D

I have only one bootleg, the Stones' romantically titled Unreleased Decca Live Album 1972. Sound quality is barely acceptable, but it has an amazing version of Gimmie Shelter on it.

I once had a Stones mix tape of outtakes and never-were's from the 1967-72 period. Alternate versions of Sway, all of the Brown Sugar's (including the slide guitar version, which in my opinion, is better than the one on Sticky Fingers), etc.

Then some soulless fuck broke into my car at Ball State and stole my radio, and that tape happened to be in it. I didn't give two shits about the radio, but I was gutted when I lost the tape.

I don't advocate the death penalty, but ...

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Around 100 Bruce shows. Probably 20-30 compilations (my favorites are the four Greasy Lake sets that came out around 2000, especially the acoustic one). All in all, about 500 CDs worth. I have to organize and place on my still unused iPod.

3. agree that this is an excellent site--in fact i'm listening to a dead show from 3/24/81 right now and wishing i wasn't at work.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Not to whip out my dick or anything, but I've probably got well over 100.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't have entire shows on bootleg. What I do have are many, many versions of the same song performed on different tours.

If I hear "Stand Back" on the radio, I reach for the skip button. However, I've got many different live versions from Stevie Nicks solo tours and Fleetwood Mac tours including a version from the latest Fleetwood Mac tour.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I'm sure there is some joke to be made about the fact that you resurrected a 21-month-old thread by mentioning your dick, but I can't think of one right now.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've got about 50 Stones bootlegs on CD and probably 30 or so on cassette somewhere. I don't listen to them much, but I just took out a couple to listen to at work tomorrow. There are some great boots from that Exile period.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have two live Barenaked Ladies shows and a shit-ton of Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me podcasts. That's about it. :D

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

But are you measuring your dick?

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

No. She's measuring chazp's dick since he hijacked Some Guy's account.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

THERE IS NO DICKMEASURING IN THE IJAG HOUSEHOLD, thank you very much.

Draft saved Draft deleted