1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "Scary" music thread; What's your live/outtake bootleg collection like?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 2, 2007.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's tough to beat www.dimeadozen.org...

But I just found this blog tonight, with a series of fantastic bootlegs on it:

http://thattruncheonthing.blogspot.com/search/label/Bootlegs

I highly recommend the Uncle Tupelo and Neko Case boots, but there are plenty of great ones here.

And in keeping with the thread, I probably have two dozen Crowded House/Neil Finn boots, and nearly as many Elvis Costello... plus a wide assortment of other stuff...

2. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

It hasn't really been updated much recently, but there's a fairly decent collection of concerts at www.nugs.net - mostly Phish, but also Dead, String Cheese, Widespread Panic, and obscure random ones from the likes of Oysterhead and Vida Blue.
    They can be streamed, and many can be downloaded, as well.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I have more than 30 Pearl Jam albums, including releases, boots and authorized boots.

4. Rambler

Rambler Member

I'm sitting on around 100 Stones bootlegs.

5. I only have a few bootlegs and they're all on vinyl. A couple of Ramones shows, some assorted Buzzcocks live and demos from when Howard Devoto was still in the band. My most prized vinyl boot is a Mott the Hoople show on double vinyl. I can't recall what year it's from off the top of my head. I do know that it's a different show than the one available on CD as "From Stockholm to Memphis" or "Two Miles to Live Heaven." The one bootleg I've always searched for is an alternate take of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" with vocals by Dave Grohl.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was on dimeadozen for a while but I think my account has lapsed. That Truncheon Thing (great name, too) is a major find. Thanks for sharing that.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Man, what an awesome site. I'll be downloading stuff from that for a while.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Another major source for live stuff. Streaming is free, downloads $9.98. I've listened to loads of great shows on here.

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I have a lot of live/bootleg/unplugged music in my collection, but some that are my favs
    are Coldplay, Keane, Zepplin, U2, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Fugees, Crowded House, Beatles, McCartney, Lennon, Amos Lee, Norah Jones, Bryan Adams.

Really, if you saw my collection, I have way too much to even limit my choices because I love live music

10. as one of the deadheads on this board, I have a ton of live dead shows on tape and cd--a guy i used to trade with would also sometimes send me shows of various musicians (Bob Marley, Dylan, even local bluegrass musicians he thought i'd like)....

11. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

here's another solid site for d/l and/or streaming live shows:
    http://www.archive.org/browse.php?collection=etree&field=%2Fmetadata%2Fcreator
    there are a lot of smaller bands on that page. however, you can find a wide variety of bigger bands, including the grateful dead, string cheese incident, yonder mountain string band, drive by truckers, ryan adams, OAR, robert randolph, del mccoury, jack johnson, ben lee, jason mraz, big head todd, billy bragg, little feat, the decemberists, dj logic, david gray, death cab for cutie, toad the wet sprocket, edie brickell, new riders of the purple sage, eddie from ohio, phil lesh, ratdog, dirty dozen brass band, rebirth brass band, my morning jacket, marc broussard, karl denson's tiny universe, scott miller and the commonwealth, smashing pumpkins, the waybacks, warren zevon.

there should be a little bit for most people's musical tastes. it's free, just don't sell it.

while this isn't a audience recording, the new live neil young releases, especially the one from massey hall, sound sweet.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can find some Old 97's bootlegs online?

Never seen these guys (I don't know if they've ever come up here) but I just love their double-live album as well as the clips I've found on YouTube and am dying to hear more.

Draft saved Draft deleted