1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Saturday Night Live thread to end all threads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Sep 29, 2019.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

She's fine, but underused in that episode. I'd give that assessment to all of the episodes so far this year though - It feels like they've really de-emphasized the host, since they can't use them in their (usually awful) political sketches, excluding their Week One Woody.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Chance can host any time he wants. I wish the First Impressions judge would be come a regular bit.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

The sketch with Cecily was so ludicrous, it was wonderful. Reminds me of the classic Weekend Update moment when Chris Farley got caught up on the set when he went up in the wires.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

How odd that the two worst sketched were the first two (Trump rally and e-sports thing). The monologue was great (particularly the shoutout to The California Dreams).

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The e-sports thing is a follow up to his first time hosting, when they made him do a Rangers game

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Chance the Rapper is a great host. Goes all-in. Hope he becomes like Martin, Baldwin, etc. He sold the silly Halloween graveyard sketch.

Draft saved Draft deleted