1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Saratogian paginating job

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BRoth, May 10, 2007.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

Company: The Saratogian
    Position:
    PAGINATING EDITOR FOR SPORTS
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $20,000 to $25,000
    Ad Expires:
    June 14, 2007
    Job ID: 609757

Description:
    This is a great opportunity for someone with an eye for design, solid copy editing skills, and knowledge of sports to break into a daily, morning newspaper in an extremely competitive market in lively Saratoga, New York. Opportunities for sportswriting possible. Shift is nights, including weekends. Should have experience at a school newspaper, a weekly or an internship. Surface mail cover letter, resume, three references and relevant samples of your work to Sports Editor Brien Bouyea, The Saratogian, 20 Lake Ave., Saratoga Springs 12866.

anyone know what's up with the paper? JJobs also has an opening for a news copy editor/paginator.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If you love horse racing, this is a pretty good area to work.

3. Bob_Jelloneck

Bob_Jelloneck Member

Come join our big happy family. Bring your own horse.

Slaughtering and rendering services offered at the worksite at nominal discounts for employees (and their horses). ;)

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the petty pipeline says this is a terrible, terrible little shop.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

It's probably a great job for six weeks a year -- when the track is open and everyone reads the paper. The other 46 weeks, God, it must be cold there in January.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Run. Far. Fast.

7. JRC bites

JRC bites New Member

As always, avoid any Journal Register Company job. And for the wicked $20,000 per year JRC is offering, that means you'll be earning about $9.63 per hour.

8. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

A truly wretched newspaper.

9. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Not true. I should know. I work there.
    It's got most of the usual crap, but I'm sure there could be worse.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks for stopping by jelloneck jr.

11. Bob_Jelloneck

Bob_Jelloneck Member

Since I'm now in the horseflesh game myself, while the track is open, the happy staff on the Saratogian get the added benefit of my close personal supervision and my tactful constructive suggestions on how to do their jobs, bright and early at 6:30 every morning. ;D

Until somebody fucks up agate for the payout price for Elmers Gluefactory to show in the $250 Claiming Race for 23-year-old geldings, then you can run down to the track and see if they need help mucking stalls.

;)

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

carly simon weeps.

Draft saved Draft deleted