1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sarah Silverman show rocks - who else watchs it??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, Feb 8, 2007.

?

How hot is Sarah Silverman?

1. VERY HOT!!

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Hot (caliente?)!

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. Almost hot/pretty

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  4. Cute

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  5. Not good looking

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Weak.

Saw the episode last night. It was average. Had higher hopes given her supporting cast.

2. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I'm by no means any sort of Hitches follower. As I mentioned before, happened upon it doing some research on Hope. It was an incredibly mean piece, but I have to admit that it amused me. Doesn't mean Hitchens is on my must-read list now or anything.

Agree on Carson. The guy could bring it night after night, and some of his funniest moments were when he knew a bit was bombing and he could still make it funny.

3. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

I watched the last episode like 3 times and thought it was way funny

There is a lot of sophisticated humor in there that has levels I think most miss.

She is totally twisted & I can't wait to see what they will do next.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I finally watched it last night, and liked it considerably less than I even thought I would. I mean, I've always liked Brian Posehn, and Sarah's certainly enjoyable to look at for a half-hour. But, it's just so ... so ... predictable. Grossness out of the mouth of a pretty little girl.

5. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

wouldn't you know ... JDV is a big fan of obvious humor. shocking.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I just checked it out for the first time and it was OK. Enough to make me watch it again, but not great. Hoping I just caught a bad episode last night considering the love the show gets.

7. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Look, not trying to come off as a snob - but I think you guys are not seeing the deeper humor she is using.

Think South Park but a bit farther/different. There are many layers to SP humor.

What seems like obvious "fart jokes" etc. on SS tees up her real points.

She was taking shots at most people's selfishness & self absorption, political correctness, the TV industry, etc., etc.. This was packed with good stuff.

Her character is a way to illustrate how most of us are - along with being silly.

There is a lot more to it - but I have a lot of work today.

Let me put it this way - there is a lot of "Borat" style in her work.

If you don't like it don't watch - that is easy.

8. Welcome back.
    http://www.1sn.com/4sextoys/2787.html

NSFW!
    my bad.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Can't imagine that's SFW.

10. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

Didn't see the show and won't see it. I think if she was a white guy nobody would think she's funny. But because she's a woman who uses the "c" word ...WOW! she's great! she gets away with a lot for simply being a jewish woman.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Exactly.

12. Msaint

Msaint Member

Isaiah? Is that you?

Draft saved Draft deleted