1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The San Berdoo Sun sets on Paul Oberjuerge

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by espnguy, Mar 15, 2008.

1. espnguy

espnguy Member

A great guy who didn't deserve this. Lean Dean strikes again.

http://www.oberjuerge.com/?p=3

2. But Buckdubs, it's not news until ESPN reports it

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Who the hell cares? That was a fantastic read, and it puts a soul to the name, for me.

I've tried not to get embroiled in this whole Lean Dean shit, simply because it's completely fruitless. But this truly showed what it's like to be one of his hackjobs, and I appreciate it.

Paul, if you're out there — good luck.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm fine with it being its own thread - when I posted the link to Paul's blog (blog!) on the other thread, I thought about making it one of his own.

5. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

For most people, getting forced out of newspapers will be a good thing. I hope that's the case for Oberjuerge.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Man . . . a lot of people whose work (and work ethic) I have a lot of respect for credit Oberjuerge with helping their careers.

What's that old cliche about being judged based on how many lives we affect in a positive way? I don't know if there is such a cliche, but Oberjuerge sounds like a guy I would have liked to work for. And yeah, the soccer thing doesn't hurt.

7. Thank God I didn't take that position I was offered in the 90s at the Inland Valley Daily ... I'd be out on my ass by now I'm sure.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Paul touched many people in this biz. And that's evidenced by the end of that blog entry by how many people have found the site and left their comments.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Oh, and he's offered 10 tips to keep your print journalism job.

http://www.oberjuerge.com/?p=10#more-10

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I suspect he wrote that through clenched teeth.
    Sadly, he's pretty fucking accurate.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm glad I read the 10 reasons... they all sound legit.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

San Berdoo...isn't that where Irwin M. Fletcher told Alan Stanwyck's parents he was from in his Harry S. Truman incarnation?

Draft saved Draft deleted