1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sacha Baron Cohen Thing about Zuckerberg et al

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Nov 22, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

What was he when he was pooning his cousin? Honorable mention?

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I watched the Rudy part of the movie last night. He can say he was fixing his microphone, but he cannot take away all the unwanted touching.

And she is brilliant.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I know this is heresy, but Borat 2 isn’t that good

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's OK. Definitely not the force the first one was. Invading the racist rally in Olympia, Washington and getting some in the crowd to sing along with his song about chopping up journalists like the Saudis is the only comparable moment to the first. And it's a direct copy of the original where he gets people to sing the Throw the Jew Down the Well song.

The debutante ball bit fell a little flat. And the people he is duping come off as largely sympathetic. (Except for the Republican women's meeting, them getting scammed was great.) Well, not Giuliani, he's definitely a creepy old. But the regular people weren't all that dopey, for the most part. Who knows how much some of them were in on it. Did he actually live with those survivalist guys all that time without them knowing what was up?

I'll give it a thumbs up, but part of that is living off the good memories of the first one.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I didn’t hate it but yes it was a bit of a disappointment. There were a few great lines though, like “nice weather we have been controlling.”

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I haven't seen it, so I can't comment about the new movie.

I am also in no rush to see it. I didn't think the first Borat movie was all that good. I just found what I posted on here at the time (wow, it was 14 years ago!).

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

9. vicd

vicd Active Member

Just an FYI, the first sign of being a humorless fart who is not in on the joke is saying, "so I am not a humorless fart not in on the joke."

Draft saved Draft deleted