1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ryder Cup might be interesting this year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Fixed for clarity.

Big Man Jim Gray confronts Corey Pavin. Wonder if he would do the same to Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan and those sorts? That Mr. Gray is one intimidating man.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Is there any more overhyped sporting event in the world than the Ryder Cup?

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I agree, though it can be very entertaining.

Like tennis, I don't give much of a shut about nationality in golf. I root for who I like regardless of where they're from.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Overhyped? Really? I don't get that at all.

But to answer your question, go back in time about a month to six weeks. Another clue....South Africa...There's your answer.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Good answer. But yes, the Ryder Cup is way overhyped.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

Way overhyped? Again, I don't see it. This event is like less than a month away or something like that, and I haven't heard hardly anything about it. I couldn't even tell you where it's being played. Only thing being written about is the stupid "Tiger: Will he or won't he be picked?" storyline.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A Wednesday night Sawx-Yanks game on ESPN?

It's still golf (and I love golf), just a different way of playing with heavy partisan rooting. Pretty entertaining most years. It's really big on the other side of the pond, maybe if it was over here the 'Murricans would win it more often.

8. JackReacher

That's true. A Wednesday NYY-BOS game is way more overhyped than the Ryder Cup. Not. Even. Close.

9. Lot of hatred for Gray here.
    If Pavin did lie to Gray, I hope he gets nailed like Jesus. That is a BS move - IF - he lied.

The Ryder and Walker Cup are incredibly over-hyped.
    I usually root for Europe, cause I like their individual players (Darren Clarke, Padrig Harrington, Ian Poulter and even Monty) better than the U.S. group though that was not the case last time - Kenny Perry, Boo and Woody Austin.
    I like the match play angle, but I could give a shit who wins.

10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Ian Poulter is a jackass. He keeps making claims how he's going to break through and everyone is still waiting for him to do so. He's got game, just needs to keep his mouth shut until he wins something.

11. Yeah, but I love the way he dresses.

12. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

The man pulls off pink like nobody else, I'll give him that.

Draft saved Draft deleted