1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The running "Your Office Christmas Party" thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by patchs, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Do we work at the same place?

2. They do a pot-luck kinda lunch/dinner deal at my place around 5 pm.

I prefer the the watch-Christmas-Vacation-and-get-shitfaced shindig we have after the desk shift is over...

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Who has time to sit down and eat for 30 minutes?

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't think my new paper has one. And if they did, they either don't bother to hype it or want me there. I'm going with the latter here.

5. well over the years, it's been kinda hard to get a bunch of students together for a Christmas party after a hard semester, not to mention office tension at times, but the Delaware State University Hornet student newspaper has seen its fair share of comcial moments, but one story stands out. Fall of 2003, we had a copy editor who really couldn't handle deadline pressure well (never mind that we're a bi-weekly paper), so she came to the Christmas party for all of 5 minutes to give a card to our editor-in-chief, and when the editor-in-chief opened it, it was her office key. She quit via Christmas Card! Good times.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Local girls team 59, 2-hours-away crap team 29.

Still better than the staff Christmas party.

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Nice thing about being back in school is that the next two weeks are sort of like one long Christmas party, one which makes stops are various rooms of our building, and a handful of stops around town.

The party is, of course, sometimes broken up by a bunch of panicked students frantically trying to finish projects, but then the party rolls on.

8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

In college, we had a staff christmas party/campus scavenger hunt every year. The first couple years I remember it, they tried to divide up all the sports/ad/news kids onto teams with each other. The final year I was there, we (the sports gang) just looked at the folks dividing us up, looked at each other and walked out. They found us during the scavenger hunt: at one of the campus bars.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That old, huh?

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm opting to cover high school wrestling instead of attending the office shindig. White elephant presents and a cap of two drinks per person? No thanks.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I repeat: Cosmo please report to this thread. Cosmo, please report.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

No party here. Management killed it several years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted