1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The running Spring Training thread, 2010 edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Teams with orange in their color scheme don't do so well. For example, the Bengals.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Mets have signed Rod Barajas to a minor league contract.

That means they now have in camp a 39-year-old catcher (Henry Blanco), a 37-year-old catcher (Chris Coste), a 34-year-old catcher (Barajas) and spry 28-year-old Omir Santos (.290 career OBP).

The clusterfuck of a shit show that is the Wilpons ownership, formerly the The New York Metropolitan Baseball Club Inc., continues to skid out the asshole in constipated chunks.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

How did spnited get hold of LJB's login information? :D

4. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

Buhner is in in Peoria promoting axhandle bats. I wonder what Frank Costanza would have to say about this? (From Kirby Arnold's Everett Herald blog)

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20100226/BLOG05/100229841#A.baseball.bat.of.a.different.shape

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Further proof about a team with orange in the color scheme.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Heavily Caffeinated One, I am just one of the silent sufferers of this team, spnited the ideal spokesperson.

I will be driving past Citi next week and I'm looking forward to seeing those trashy billboard signs again right behind the outfield wall -- Jeff's going to need the revenue stream to sign another 38-year-old catcher.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Oh the joy of being a Mets fan, eh LJB?

8. Herbert Anchovy

Drip, they do make it interesting, for good or bad. Could you imagine being a follower of the San Diego Padres?

9. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Good Lord. Go back to the Yankees, please!

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2010/02/25/hinske-brings-his-living-canvas-tattoos-to-braves/

Some funny responses from readers, too...especially:

"I have a theory…if a players body is shaped like mine, then I don’t want him playing on my team."

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

From Muschnick:

Did I miss something? Has it been reported elsewhere that Joe Morgan isn't coming back to Sunday Night Baseball?

12. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Um... wow. Guess Hinske had something to talk about with A.J. Burnett, huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.