1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The running compliment thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

To mike, for having amazing taste in TV programs. And before anybody questions it, I mean this seriously! :D

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

To Diabeetus, for not being a coward and having the stones to admit it.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Wow, this is like the polar opposite of the kiss my ass! thread ...

It is a daily occurrence that i'm on here reading a thread and chortling to my hearts content when the bleeping phone rings. There are few finer things in life than trying to stifle a snicker in order to sound coherent. We have our disagreements, sure, but there's always something entertaining and informative on here, and much like getting the paper or the broadcast done, it's a group effort and a labor of love by most of us. This place, and I include just about all of you here, has affirmed my belief that the most creative people in any newsroom are the sports people.

You guys are the best.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

bird,

Phooey. It is YOU who are the man. I saw your Jeopardy mastery months back. Men stood aghast. The earth trembled.

Michael Irvin and Stuart Scott bumped fists.

You are the shit and I hope to see you on there again.

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Great thread...

To Jones, JMac, SC, IJAG, Doc and others - thanks for the advice. Always appreciated.
    To Mikey - Thanks for the trivia challenges and the jokes
    To forever_town, thanks for your (former) avatar. I love her. I really do. Same goes to you Tom Petty.
    To Spup - Thanks for the help.

Great thread...

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Thanks to all for making me think about issues, for understanding that I'm not the most computer literate, and for a heckuva lot of laughs.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

To all the mods -- Thank you for taking on a job I'd never want to have.

To TBF -- Thank you for serving. Had my body not failed on me, I'd be right there with ya', still, two years from retirement. OK, maybe not RIGHT there, but in the waters nearby.

To Songbird -- For introducing the lovely Ludivigne to me.

To Fenian -- Thank you for doing all the research I'm too lazy to do myself.

To SC, IJAG, Flash and all the other ladies of SportsJournalists.com -- Thank you for putting up with us men. We're idiots sometimes.

There's more to come, I'm sure. I'm only on my first cup of coffee, though, so my brain's not all here, yet.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To everyone,

Thanks for keeping me sane, if just barely.

BFF :-*

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

She'll be back before too long.

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Fenian, thanks for giving a shout out to all Canuckistans.

11. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

If you made it through your physical, that wouldn't have been the end or your degradation.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

To Cadet -- just because.

Draft saved Draft deleted