1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The running compliment thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

To everybody,

Thanks for making laugh and think on a daily basis.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

To everyone -- Thanks for making SportsJournalists.com a fun place to hang out.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Forever_Town,

I enjoy the jokes, as for my tolerance, I do it for the laughs, not the chick -- obviously. Your wit is sharp, and if it wasn't ... well, I wouldn't laugh at your jokes.
    --
    Angola,

You're the only one on this board who rivals Football_Bat for the extra-curricular work done outside the board for the board. Follow me? If so, good. Thanks for taking the time and the abuse. Stay off the roof.
    --
    F_B,

Thanks for putting that list together. I voted for your 2007 work of art for the thread of the year, and I might cast the same vote for the 2008 edition.
    --
    Write-brained,

You're the man with squirrels in his house. And I wouldn't want anyone else on that job.
    --
    Spup,

Thanks for making me feel like only half the loser I really am.
    --
    IJAG,

The Foo Fighters, where our musical minds meet. Thanks for the song and the reassurance on this board. It means a lot.
    --
    Zeke,

For Bert Blyleven. I know you were behind him. (Take that however you want.)
    --
    Slappy,

Thanks for being hilarious. I'm never disappointed by a post of yours.
    --
    All the Mets fans,

Thanks for sharing the September pains.
    --
    BYH,

For those late-night talks about Scrubs. I now have a deeper level of respect and love for Bill Lawrence and The Janitor, and it's because of you. Also, you've given me a level for which to aim on this board.
    --
    Everyone else,

Thanks for reading my stupid and pointless posts. I hope they all weren't a waste of your time, although I'm pretty sure most were a waste of mine. ... I'm sure I've got another 9,432 in me. So buckle up, soldiers.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

To folks like three bags full, thank you for serving our country.

To the rest of you, thanks for making this a great place to spend some free time.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

shotglass,

Thanks for the many PM replies and design tips .... you've given me a lot of great helmets ideas I've put to use.

Hank_Scorpio,

Thanks for reading my work, no matter how shitty it was.

Bob Slydell,

Thanks for digging Josh Rouse. My lame, Top 40-listening friends don't know what they're missing.

Everyone else,

Thanks for posting ... no matter my mood, this place always puts a smile on my face.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

To everyone,

Thanks for reminding me that other people screw up/face the same challenges/struggle with and enjoy life the same way I do.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

And one more to sportschick for bringing sexy back.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

ABSOLUTELY no thanks needed, BigSleeper. Couldn't think of anything I'd rather do.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

In no particular order...

To Big Ragu -- thank you for the brilliant posts on business. For all I know, you may be working at some place like "Smart Money" ; in fact, you should be. There's a business pub that needs someone with your insight and intellect. In the meantime, you need to post more investment/business threads.

Speaking of intellect...

Thanks to Zeke, Bubbler, LJB, Ace and Fenian for bringing plenty of that to the table. Fishwrapper (not a dim bulb by any means) asked why I continue to peruse the premises despite telling my son I'd "rather see him in white slavery than journalism." You four are a big reason why.

Thanks to Junkie, Gold, accguy, MileHigh and ClawsforConcern for the insightful PMs and being credible sounding boards who don't mind my occasional rants about everything from Rush to my pitiful golf game.

Thanks to IJAG for being IJAG. Enough said.

Thanks to Hockeybeat, Sam Mills and the artful Slappy for teaching me SportsJournalists.com etiquette and helping me navigate its idiosyncracies.

I'm forgetting many someones, but that's what "modify" is for.

10. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Clarification.
    My bulb is consistently on a dimmer.

11. For IJAG --
    Thanks for hanging in there and not leaving the biz.
    For my political brethren -- especially jmcg, and wi, which latter I also thank for recognizing the worth of real goddam country music.
    For the loyalists across the aisle, especially redsmithclone and o_t, with whom I will gladly have a beer or three.
    The all the Canuckistanis, especially JR.
    For the ongoing glorious Dickens-cum-Bundys saga that are the holidays with 21.
    And to zeke, who's damned near got me convinced.

Slainte!
    [​IMG]

Pass it back empty or don't pass it back at all.

12. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Pardon me if I disagree, but I have the utmost respect for anyone who chooses to serve their country in the military. It is the ultimate honor.

You got to live the life I was denied. In high school, all I wanted was to go in the Army. I took all the steps, took the tests, got in the best shape of my life, planned to become an MP and head off to Fort McClellan (sic?). Then I took the (really degrading) physical and learned my hearing in my right ear was too far gone. That was a long bus ride home out of Cleveland. I tried not to cry.

I think things worked out all right for me. I found my place, my calling, my destiny if you believe in that sort of thing. But I always wonder what might have been. So now, almost 17 years later, I never miss the opportunity to put out the flag every holiday or shake the hand of a person in uniform because I'll always be grateful there are men and women who willingly and proudly serve.

Sorry if this was a long post, I just had to make my point.

Draft saved Draft deleted