1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Running Bah Humbug Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Dec 5, 2007.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I'm guessing I might be a bit older than you. Clerks isn't on my total recall.
    But, don't fuck with Airplane!

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I know. Jesus was more than likely born in the spring based on the clues left in the Christmas story. I just choose to ignore the facts, dammit.

And I still insist that St. Nick existed, even though the Catholics don't even think that nowadays.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I talked to my mother today, and at the Catholic school where she's a teacher, the little kids will all go to lunch in their socks tomorrow so the bigger kids can put candy canes in their shoes for St. Nick's day. She thought it was cute, but a bit much especially since all the kids were walking down the hallways shoeless.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nothing beats Sticky Foot day.

5. fishwrapper

One thing did.
    "Ruler Across the Hand Day."
    For me, that was about one a week.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Who doesn't like gum on their feet?

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I've dreaded this season since Halloween.

My daughter (part-time job at the local grocer) came home and told us she knew what she was going to get us for Christmas.

My wife's dry reply was that we were still going to need her paychecks for groceries.

Still no job, no end in sight. And this will be the second consecutive year the kids have no Christmas tree.

Last year, we sacrificed and bought the kids a PS2 because my son still believes in Santa. But this year Santa won't be showing up, and I don't know how to tell the kid, because he's expecting a miracle from the old man.

I used to love this time of year. Now I hate it with a passion.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, Clerks was made in 1994, so it's nowhere near a new flick. But I don't think it's exactly a mainstream movie.

9. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Awwww, so I don't get to celebrate my birthday with the three kings tomorrow? I'll settle for the King o' Queens! ;D

It's Hannukkah already, so I get even more presents to celebrate my miracles before the rest of y'all. Someone even properly lit the menorah in my office lobby last night, though it's hidden behind a wall instead of front-and-center like the Christmas tree and multiple Santas. I'm hoping to get my turn tonight, because I don't want to stay up late enough to watch the candles burn.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

If it makes you feel any better, tomorrow is the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women up here ...

11. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Flash, that was a very sad, yet touching story. I hope you do OK this Christmas season.

It's not the same at all, but I deal with my birthday the same way, having lost someone very dear to me at that time a few years back.

I hope you're still able to find some enjoyment!!

12. fishwrapper

I've seen it. I just haven't committed to memory.

Draft saved Draft deleted