1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The running, all-purpose Allen family thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Apr 23, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, you posted the Little Man thing one post below my entreaty to bring Little Man on.

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Everyone reads it as "lies" in error. I had to change my screen name over at Poker Stars because people read it that way under my pic of the Texans. You can't believe the shit I had to put up with. Had to change it to something to do with my other love, scrapbooking.

3. dooley_womack1

I know alley's real first name, and it's a lot more prosaic than Liesl. Daddy needs to come on and explain that one.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Again, think Sound of Music.

5. dooley_womack1

I guess it's been awhile since I saw SOM, so your first name rings no bell. But I know there's no character named Little Man Von Trapp.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I would tell you about AA's famous scene from the movie, but then that would blow his cover. :)

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That's true. And his real name isn't in the movie, either. Since he's such a mirror image of me, that's why I picked that. Mini-Me just never worked for me.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's not like I haven't ever erred before. But being associated with D_B in any way, shape or form is a serious slap in the face.

Back on topic, keep Liesl away from the brown shirts, eh?

9. dooley_womack1

Aw, Sam, it was all in good fun.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That this thread has gone as long as it has warms my heart. And you wonder why I've tried to draw in so many of the people near and dear to me. This place is awesome! Thank you all.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Ditto, Brother. Until tomorrow (when we text each other like normal people.)

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I know, Dools. I'm sorry ... rough freaking time here. No need to whiz all over this otherwise nice thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted