1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

OK, that makes sense and that was why I thought it was inaccurate. Thanks...

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

On second glance, Posh's hat looks pretty silly, too. And I hope she doesn't fall off those heels:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

She'll be 70 by the time she's a queen.

How old is Charles? I can't imagine waiting/training for more than half a century for the job I for which I was born.

And now that Wills is happily-ever-after, there's a group that would like Chuck to step aside and let his son take over.

Also, William somehow manages to look exactly like both his mother and father.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

KJ, I thought that too. I don't keep up with this stuff, so every photo I have seen of him was when he was a bit younger, strapping and with a full head of hair. With the hair thinning, it accentuated the features of his face. There is a lot of Diana in there, but unfortunately Charles' gene pool has asserted more and more authority as Will has gotten older. The thin hair, the vague reminders in his features of who his dad is.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The current Queen is 85.

Say Charles is King in 10 years (and realistically, the Queen croaks before then, but let's just say...). He'd be 72. Kate would be 39.

Say Charles is King till he's 85. Kate would be 52. She could EASILY still be hot at 52.

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

That's what Monty Python and the Holy Grail taught me...

7. Mizzougrad96

So, could Camilla become queen?

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yes. When Charles becomes King, she'll be the Queen. But that story said she might be reluctant to take the name of Queen for whatever reason. She'll go with Princess Consort of some shit. But she will have no power. As far as I understand. Same when Kate becomes Queen.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Yes, but the key word is "could." Apparently she is treated a lot better these days than 10 years ago, after the affair and the Diana death. I saw something on NBC News one day that said she has personal assistants who help her with her manners and her clothing ...basically everything which will make her seem more personable to a public which despises her for her transgressions.

10. Mizzougrad96

Based on how long her mother lived, I certainly would not be surprised to see the Queen hang on until she's close to triple digits. I don't see her stepping down anytime soon either...

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

no question 'bout it. william was absolutely studly facially until he was about 20. since then, he's been morphing more and more into his father's son. didn't stop him from landing a gorgeous lass.

i don't remember seeing pics of her mom -- is she alive? i don't follow this nonsense -- but i'd wager she is/was quite a babe herself, based on her daughters. it doesn't always hold true if hubby's genes run roughshod over the mother's (see: alexa joel) -- but show me a gorgeous young lady and i'll usually be able to show you her beautiful mom (see: paulina gretzky/janet jones)....

12. Mizzougrad96

I'll bet they don't.

I think a lot of kids who had to deal with their parents getting divorced are just that much more convinced that they don't ever want to go through that or put their kids through that.

Draft saved Draft deleted