1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Apr 29, 2011.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I thought there would already be a six page thread by the time I woke up.

Anyone get up early to watch?

I do not get the hats, at all. How can the guests sitting behind those hats see anything? Americans would never tolerate this, there would be fights all over the church.

Otherwise, cool event, beautiful girl, great dress.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I get up a 5 a.m., so I had it on while I drank coffee to gear up for the commute. Man, they make the men in the royal family wear some silly-looking uniforms. Glad I had BBC World to watch. Watching the US networks would be like watching the Super Bowl on Russian TV.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Deeper_Backround is reporting. ... just kidding. :)

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Andrew's daughters looked like audition rejects for Cinderella stepsisters. No doubt their mother is locked in the attic for the weekend.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

put it on as the happy couple were walking towards the horse carriage to ride through the street after the ceremeny. paid no attention at all to the pre-wedding hype. ain't my thang... my only comment/observation: the bride is stunning. gorgeous young lady, beautiful dress, just a breathtaking combo.

i never even noticed the clown outfit the groom had to wear...

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The chick who got married today is smoking hot. And she's not even gonna be called a Princess? She's a Dutchess. That's unfortunate.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

How do they keep the horses from pooping in the middle of the procession? Do they not feed them for a couple days?

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

. . . only in Holland.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

William looks a lot better with his hat on.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You're thinking of the brides.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

In the only clip I saw, she looked half-asleep and was clearly smirking during her vows.

My kind of bride!

And I was surprised to find the groom's outfit was loaned to him by the FAMU Marching Band leader.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Diana had the Duchess and Princess title. I think that will be the case for Kate as well.

And yes, she is smoking hot...

Draft saved Draft deleted