1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, May 19, 2018.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

While I agree, heck, whatever did or didn't happen isn't exactly unique to these edition of the English monarchy.

2. Driftwood

A few random observations in no particular order:
    I was reading The Sun, and it mentioned how Liz and Phil had summoned Chuck, Bill, and Harry for crisis talks over Red abandoning his Royal duties.
    Why is this a crisis? As previously noted, he's well outside the line of succession. What are his duties, smiling for pictures and shaking hands?
    If I remember correctly, Harry actually served in a combat zone under an assumed name, so he has literally done his part for Queen and Country.
    Unless he's stupid, Harry's squirreled away a nice nest egg and is set for life if he never lifts another finger.
    Nothing said he's disavowing the family. He's just going to do his own thing with his wife and child.
    As a proud American whose family fought to shed us of British monarchs and an only child, when I hear that Harry's brother, the future King of England, is upset with him, I say, "Oh well."
    As someone whose greatest desire is to fade into anonymity and go fishing every day, I envy the shit out of someone with the resources to do that.

Liut and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

See, this is where you fucked up.

2muchcoffeeman and TrooperBari like this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Not if he flipped to Page Three

5. Driftwood

I miss Page 3.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Royal no more.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've read reports that Harry and Megs will relocate to Vancouver Island. That's a fine place for getting away from it all.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. Driftwood

I'm just speaking for my personal interests, but if I was moving from HRH status and England to a Commonwealth realm and didn't really have to work for a living, I'd sure be going to the Bahamas and not Vancouver Island.

I've been to both. I prefer the weather and fishing in the Bahamas.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Ya seen his complexion? As a fellow ginger, I ain’t moving to the Bahamas

Liut likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Fair point.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted