1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rooney Rule is a joke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Jan 9, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's why George Hamilton didn't get the job.

2. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Or it was because he had just coordinated a shitty Vikings defense that struggled down the stretch.

Becoming a HC in this league is as much about luck as it is anything.

Drip continues a strong showing, though.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Gene, LMB and get a life, please.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What's the B: butt or balls?

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

It doesn't matter which flavor he wants to taste dools. He could go for double pleasure as far as I'm concerned.
    He could've made his remark about the Rooney rule and not include me. He did it for a response and to get the usual Saturday night piss match started.
    Don't feel like it tonight. I'm going to my room and sulk. Got a lot of bets to pay off tomorrow for the bullshit that happened in Saturday's games.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I lost today too, Drip.

Tomorrow is another day.

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Tomorrow, on SportsJournalists.com:

When a hot-tempered douchebag loses several bets he can't pay up, he is confronted by a Tall, Muscular Bookie. Unable to pay off the debts, TMB enlists the douchebag on a quest... A quest to assfuck his neighbor.
    (Check your local listings)

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

LOL

And, in before the lock.

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Ask Mike Tomlin how worthless the Rooney Rule is. Rooney himself felt obligated to follow his rule to the letter, and after interviewing Ron Rivera, brought in young Tomlin, the one-year coordinator of the Vikes, and was instantly wowed by him, and one Super Bowl later. ... It's a great rule named after a great owner. Sure, it results in a lot of BS interviews, but if it produces a Tomlin once a decade, hell..

10. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

That once-a-decade hire doesn't mean it's worth putting up with a rule that very, very few take seriously and only makes a mockery of the situation.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The rule's been around for, what, three years? Best to let it stick around for some time and see if does make a difference for other candidates, like it did with Tomlin and the Steelers.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Tomlin has been a good hire, but I guarantee you the main reason he got the job is because the Steelers knew how it would look if they didn't hire a minority.

It's worked out for them, but that job should have gone to Whisenhunt or Grimm.

Draft saved Draft deleted