1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Romney VP Pick -- Paul Ryan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: Filibuster

I think the party being threatened by it should require the threatening party to actually go to the floor and start speechifying. If they actually had to take to the floor for 24 hours, the incessant filibusters would end.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Inky, you are absolutely right. This silent filibuster stuff is bullshit.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If this is true, and I doubt it is because Obama wouldn't do that, I bet this is due to something the right-wingers did.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting that story broke today, while everyone is focused on Ryan.

Ironic that The IRS might be the ones to end up killing ACA.

Folks are just coming to grips with the idea that millions will not be able to financially comply with the mandate.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, you've tried to float that article about five times in the last week, troll-boy (in several locked and nuked threads -- one of which stayed on the board almost a full day even under the 'no politics' edict).

Tell us again how you're going to vote for Obama. Disingenuous trolling bullshit is so cute.

But, it's par for the course, and part of the consipiracy, as you are. Sand in the gears.

How much you gettin' from KochCo, a nickel a post? Or are you one of their elite cyber-ratfuckers who get a quarter?

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Not quite 48 hours. Maybe a record for our expectations. See you Nov. 7. Maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.