1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rockets have won 19 in a row. Why don't you care?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnoopyBoy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Why doesn't anyone care about the Rockets' winning streak? I don't care who you are, what you play, where you play, 19 in a row is pretty amazing. And they're not just winning, but they're beating teams by double digits every night (10 in a row). From 24-20 to 43-20. I can't believe it. The last seven have been without Yao.
    And don't tell me they haven't beaten anybody -- Hornets twice, Spurs at Dallas (sure Mavs without Dirk, but Rockets without Yao). They should roll to No. 20 with Atlanta and then I think they have the Lakers. That will be interesting!!!

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

1. it's the nba

2. it's the nba regular season

3. 3. They're still like No. 4 in the West, last time I looked.

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I haven't cared all that much, but it does make me more appreciate what the '71-72 Lakers achieved.

5. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Yeah, but if the Knicks were doing this, they would be called the "Greatest Team Ever" and be all over the morning news shows.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

2 wins and they have the 2nd longest winning streak in NBA history--that is pretty damn impressive.

From the list of the top 5 NBA winning streaks, the other four teams all went on to win the NBA championship. You can make a case that even now, the Rockets would be no more than the fourth choice to win their conference, much less the NBA title.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And without Yao Ming, even Rockets fans have their doubts about how important the streak is.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

My feelings exactly.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that New York teams get favorable and excessive treatment from the national press compared to middle america? Why I've never heard such a thing.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You have made two posts in this thread. Both reek of fanboidom.

The first said, "Why don't you care?" . . . which automatically made the indignant assumption that nobody cared or was interested.

In see that in political threads all the time: "Why aren't libs bashing Spitzer?" or some horseshit question like that.

The second was the tried-and-true unprovable hypothetical. "If the Knicks were doing this . . . "

I see that all the time, too, in political threads. "If a Democrat had done this . . . "

It allows you to attempt to "prove" a point that is unprovable (and almost certainly wrong anyway, since there is no way a 42-20 Knicks team --- even on a 19-game winning streak --- would be called the "Greatest Team Ever.").

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What (ironically) Hoops said...

And if the Knicks did it, I'd be waiting for the heavens to open up...

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Their uniforms are Communist.

Draft saved Draft deleted