1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"the rock" obama -- snl 3/8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Mar 7, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nah. More like the Oakland Raiders...a one-time powerhouse now rendered a complete joke due to a batshit crazy old man who listens only to the voices in his head and imposes his will upon the meagerly compensated staff despite the fact he hasn't had a good idea since the late 70s.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Damn. That pretty much covered it, yeah.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Some of the episode was good - figure the Michael Steele bit will be the one that gets replayed endlessly on the news programs. Liked the Rock - he got into it, but agree on the McGruber stuff, it's like as soon as it comes on my brain hears "not funny."

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah. Jessica Alba, Jessica Tandy. I can see the confusion.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Forte was very funny in an episode of Flight of the Conchords. But he hasn't done much else that I've liked -- or laughed at.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Indeed it was. Click below to see images (it's one of those where you can't post the raw image):

http://img103.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=96024_Jessica-biel_rabbit03.jpg_122_518lo.jpg

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

So was The Rock Obama skit supposed to be funny?

8. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I must be one of the only people who loves the MacGruber skits.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You and Will Forte's mom...

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the thing's that was really bad about The Rock Obama was the backdrop - since when did they move the Capitol in front of the Washington Monument?

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I usually think they're kind of stupid, but I thought this week's were pretty hilarious.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I watched the Hulk/Obama skit and it sucked.

Are the terms and phrases jabroni, candy ass, smell what Rock is cooking and all the others property of the WWE?

The Rock was fantastic. Too bad he did not show up on SNL.

Draft saved Draft deleted