1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rock and football movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Walt Disney Pictures presents ...

The Game Plan

If it's a Disney flick, does that mean the Rock won't be shirtless at any point in the movie? :'(

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The Rock says this movie's going to suck.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Damn, Flash, you and I might share a brain.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1386753/

I said if he was shirtless, I'd watch it. :D

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

If at any point in this movie he becomes lifeless, well make mine with extra butter.

5. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Hey Rock, here's some career advice for you. Watch "Beverly Hills Cop", "Die Hard", "Lethal Weapon" and Schwarzenegger's movie output from the 80s. Yeah, I'm sure you've seen all those movies a million times, but watch them again..hell, maybe even have a nice lunch with the governor of California. Then, find a decent script where you play a wisecracking tough guy...maybe a buddy comedy. You can thank me after it grosses $200 million. You're a big guy, who is funny and has charisma. Don't blow your career on junk.

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Hey now ... I thought The Rundown and Walking Tall were pretty good flicks!

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

They weren't "Beverly Hills Cop" or "Lethal Weapon"...he needs to do something where he's funny.

8. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

I watched Walking Tall last night on TBS. I felt like smashing my TV with a 2x4.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

But this IS his something funny! He gets a lisp from being allergic to cinnamon! Get it?

The "Die Hard" and "Lethal Weapon" scripts are not getting made these days, and I'm sure if he could get those roles he knows enough to take them. This was probably a nice payday for him. But yeah, with his charisma and physical presence he seems ripe for a breakthrough if he gets the right film. "The Rundown" was actually really entertaining but didn't find an audience for whatever reason.

And Flash and IJAG, go rent a WWF/E video. He's in a speedo and all sweaty. You'll love it.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

I don't even know if the guy can act or not. I just like to see him without clothes on.

And I'm getting really bad for the d_b thing ...

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Actually, 'Lethal Weapon' with the Rock and David Alan Grier would have been a much better movie.

12. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Flipping through the channels, I saw a promo for The Rock appearing on Disney Channel's "Cory in the House" and "Hannah Montana." I think the little girl that plays his daughter in the movie has a role on the first one.

I don't know, but I kind of get the feeling that Mr. Johnson (or his agent, rather) should have read the fine print in that contract. Or maybe he's just willing to sell out to Disney.

Draft saved Draft deleted