1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The road to Omaha

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, May 31, 2010.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Implied blue font on my L.A. post.

Staying with my sister and her family. She's showed me the area you mentioned, Dude. Loved it.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Yeah, word is they're throwing him in the opener against St. John's. UVa likely will throw its ace, Danny Hultzen, against the Rebs, with No. 3 starter Cody Winiarski going against VCU.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Two Rhode Island boys (including Meo) on the Coastal roster, and a fellow Bishop Hendricken Hawk at Auburn. Go Chanticleers and War Eagles!

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Ooops. I forgot you had family here. Enjoy covering the Group of Death.

5. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I'm not really sure what it has to do with anything, and I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but did you really just compare Ole Miss' law school to the University of Virginia's?

6. mb

mb Active Member

Underdog to watch out for: The Citadel

No. 3 seed in the Columbia, S.C., regional just beat Va. Tech and will throw its soon-to-be-first-round-draft-pick ace tomorrow against (presumably) South Carolina ... which hasn't been able to hit its way out of a wet paper bag the last two weeks.

7. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Still wondering why the NCAA hides every bit of non-NCAA-approved advertising at the men's and women's basketball tournaments, covers up all references to the Ravens during the men's lacrosse Final Four ... and yet allows Miami to keep unmolested an outfield fence that's obscenely packed with ads (Applebee's, Nike, Sir Pizza -- none of which, I'm guessing, are "NCAA Corporate Champions").

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They ripped all of the labels off the Aquafina bottles in the press box at UVa.

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

LSU has UC Irvine's number.
    Anteaters rallied to take the lead in the top of the ninth. In the bottom, two outs, none on. Tigers get a single, then the right fielder tries to make a diving catch, the ball gets behind him and the runner scores from first to tie.
    UCI scores one in the top of the 11th on a suicide squeeze. Bottom of the 11th, first two Tigers make outs. Then a hit, two walks and a drive to right that the right fielder barely can't reach. Two runs score, game over.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Compelling ballgame on a gorgeous day.

And in nearby Fullerton, the Titans lose to Minnesota, and Stanford loses to New Mexico.

11. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Oddly, they ripped off the Dasani labels on the water bottles for the teams' press conferences yesterday here at Auburn. I don't know WHAT was up with that.

12. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

VitaminWater or nothing, I suppose. Even though both are owned by Corporate Champion Coke.

Draft saved Draft deleted