1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Road to Omaha: NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, May 24, 2009.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Not sure if anyone cares, but the NCAA Regional sites have been announced...

• Atlanta/Georgia Tech
    • Austin, Texas/Texas
    • Baton Rouge, La./LSU
    • Chapel Hill, N.C./UNC
    • Clemson, S.C./Clemson
    • Fort Worth, Texas/TCU
    • Fullerton, Calif./Cal State Fullerton
    • Gainesville, Fla./Florida
    • Greenville, N.C./East Carolina
    • Houston/Rice
    • Irvine, Calif./UC Irvine
    • Louisville, Ky./Louisville
    • Norman, Okla./Oklahoma
    • Oxford, Miss./Mississippi
    • Tallahassee, Fla./Florida State
    • Tempe, Ariz./Arizona State

This is the last year the College World Series will be at Rosenblatt Stadium. Hopefully we'll see some good ball leading up to that point.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The annual "No one matters but the south and the west" tournament

3. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

God I love college baseball. So much fun to watch and be around.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One of the best sports to cover, at least in SEC country. People care about it down here, so it's not just a way to pass the time in the spring. Yet unlike some of the other high-profile sports it's still laid back enough that you can get to know some of the players and coaches and really enjoy covering it.

As for the tournament, LSU is looking pretty damn stout. They were impressive in the SEC tournament after that loss to Vandy.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm waiting on the CBI bracket to know where the school I cover is headed.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They weren't invited.

7. Simon

Simon Active Member

College baseball is the most unfair sport around. Two years ago, they create the uniform start date and make it the last week in Feb. This year, for next year, they decide to push it back another week so basically the season starts at the same time as before but now everyone has to start at the same time.

Same thing with unlimited rosters before this season.

How did the Big 12 only get two hosts?

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Baseball America has a prediction of the 64 teams that will receive bids tomorrow when the field is announced.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/college/?p=1266

How does Texas get a weaker Regional than UC-Irvine, who is the top team in the nation right now? No one wants to face San Diego State with Stephen Strasburg on the mound.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm liking those projections, with KU being the No. 3 team in the Clemson regional, because I wasn't sure the Jayhawks would make the cut after being swept by Baylor to end the season.

10. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Fresno State comes back from the dead to win the WAC and get back into the NCAA's.

They probably won't be around very long, but quite a story...and that's what everyone thought last year too.

11. mb

mb Active Member

Every freaking year the ACC is vastly -- and I do mean VASTLY -- overrated. This year is no exception.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

You sure about that? Mike Fahey Stadium isn't supposed to be ready until the 2011 CWS.

Draft saved Draft deleted