1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Road to Omaha: 2015 College Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, May 25, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So much for Columbia going any further. They lost to Miami, 21-3.

At least they managed to kick a field goal against the second-string defense.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That's a thing now: only dirt on the field is the pitcher's mound. Around here all the private high schools have gone that route. It's really weird.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

No. 1 UCLA loses to Maryland, 2-1. CS Fullerton will carry the torch for the West Coast into the super regionals.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

How is it for sliding?

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

No Pac-12 teams get out of the regional. I'm not even being snarky. That's just remarkable.

Also, props to Maryland. That program was in the toilet a few years ago, now they win regionals at USC-E and UCLA in consecutive years.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Apparently it's fair on all accounts. Ground balls take predictable hops. Slidding doesn't kick up a mountain of dirt, but it stops you the same.

It was kind of funny to see kids diving back to first on a pickoff play and have their team shout "way to get dirty!"

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Now that the regionals and conference tournaments are over, I'll miss seeing the teams sitting in the stands waiting for the next game to wrap up. I've always loved that little slice of college baseball life.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Maryland owned that regional like they were the top seed.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As an alumn I love this. This is getting to be a Terp Golden age. Basketball and Football overperformed, the Lax Women won, and the Lax Men were runner ups.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Terps athletic department is so hot right now Gary Williams was able to sabotage NC State's baseball team last night.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Sure that wasn't Debbie Yow?

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes, league appeared to be down this year, lot of pitching as usual, but no real power hitters.

Draft saved Draft deleted