1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The road to hell is paved....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Birdscribe, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sonuvabitchin' idaho. they think they're all big with idaho city and all.

to hell with them.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I can say that I enjoyed Boise when I went. About the only thing I'd do differently is have a little more time for the trip and seriously consider flying. I enjoy driving - and having said that, the trip there and back was almost too much.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

To answer your question, IJAG, i don't really know.

Haven't slept well lately because i'm worried about the well being of my hopefully soon-to-be goddaughter who has yet to go home because she's still in NICU.

That, among other things, has led to a few sleepless nights over the last week or so.

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

"I'll take "The Rapists" for $500!"

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

'That's therapists...'

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

... better than most of the roads in California.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Different, but definitely off-key.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Well.... UPDATE**********

The city is coming out Tuesday to start dismantling the road -- at Honda's expense. A woman whose son played tournament soccer with my son last year works for the city. She told me that they wanted to put it out further, but Honda had to have their perfect site and assured the city folk nobody could hear this outside of their car.

As my wife put it, "Where did they think we live? In space? A vacuum?"

In the meantime, the good douchenozzles of the Antelope Valley are out there in a mobile conga line as I type this, driving over the road, then making a U-turn and doing it again. My wife heard all these assclowns on local radio pleading for them to leave the road in and calling the people who don't like it all kinds of names.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's people like you what cause unrest.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Power to the PEOPLE!

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Birdscribe is nothing if not a game-show whore.

He goes from Jeopardy to being featured on my favorite radio show, Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me. On the segment called "Bluff the Listener," he was featured not only in the reading of this story, but also as the audio after the segment. They don't mention his name again...but it's him.

Congrats, media whore!

http://www.npr.org/templates/player/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=95124881

Draft saved Draft deleted