1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The road to hell is paved....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Birdscribe, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

...with butchered Rossini.

This has been driving my wife batshit crazy for the better part of two weeks. There really is no way to describe this sound, other than a band constantly out of tune.

http://www.avpress.com/n/18/0918_s3.hts

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

A.) Way to get quoted!

B.) You got quoted in the same story as Donna Martin!!!

C.) That's horrific.

3. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I'm a lot more interested in how Honda created the perfect note grooves than the reaction of local residents.

Then again, I'm not a local resident who needs to sleep while the sounds of a fourth-grade band tries to hit at least one right note in a song.

I marvel at the science of what's been done and the stupidity of doing it in within earshot of residents.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

The reason I got quoted in the story is because I called the editor of said former employer the other day and left a detailed message basically asking WTF haven't I heard about this until today... from my wife's co-worker.

Apparently, we weren't the only ones with this little issue -- and we live a half-mile from the road.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

DONNA MARTIN GRADUATES PLAYS NAME THAT TUNE!!!

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Listen, you fuckers," Birdscribe said. "I won on Jeopardy. I don't need to put up with this shit."

7. imjustagirl

They missed out on the multimedia of playing what it sounds like when a car drives over it.

And yeah, "I know my classical music" doesn't sound like a douchetastic Jeopardy contestant at ALL! ::) ::) :D

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

If Donna Martin can name this tune, she's the greatest contestant in the history of that show. I'm telling you, this sounds NOTHING like the "William Tell Overture" -- unless William Tell missed or Rossini effed up.

Which is essentially what I told the reporter: great idea, lousy execution.

I also told her (and the Daily News reporter, who jumped on the story and called me today), that if it was white noise, it would be no big deal.

But we can hear it a half-mile away -- over a fan in our bedroom.

9. imjustagirl

Then you should be doing other things in your bedroom to make sure Mrs. Scribe couldn't hear it.

10. And do it to the William Tell Overture.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Do it to "Smack My Bitch Up" amped to 190 decibles.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted