1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The RNC Comes Callin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

RNC Caller: Mr Boom this is mrs x calling from RNC hq in DC with a matter of grave concern. Did you know that Hillary and Bill Clinton have raised almost 80 Million dollars for their campaign>

Me: I did not know Bill was running

RNC He's not but Hillary is

Me : Yes I knew that

RNC If Bill and Hilary get in back in White House it will be a return to liberal politics.

Me : honestly I am insulted by your call. Your approach is amatuer and I always thought the Republican party had a greater degree of sophiscation than what you are showing

RNC - I understand but that is what they want me to say.

Me - well your go tell your bosses that your are embarrising Republicans everywhere

RNC - Ok but will you donate.

Me - no - not if this is how my money is being used. I am going to donate directly to McCain campaign.

What a joke. I am losing faith .

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This whole campaign of fear (be it the Clintons, illegals, terrorists, whoever, just be afraid, very very afraid!) is anything but inspiring.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

KEEP THE CLINTONS OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE OR AMERICA WILL BE IN RUINS!!!!

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Why should we vote for you?

Because you don't want xxx in the White House.

OK, but why should we vote for YOU?

BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT XXX IN THE WHITE HOUSE! NOW SHUT UP AND DONATE!

And we wonder why voter turnout keeps declining.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Any discussion of a real, comprehensive national energy policy, one which would curb, if not eliminate our dependence on oil from countries which hate us? Brazil did it in 10 years, and they run mainly on Ethanol now. What is (Party X) doing about it?

Any discussion of the free flowing sale of US treasuries to fund our government spending?

Any honest discussion of the actual cumulative deficit, and how it will affect our grandchildren?

Of course not.

Political discourse for the next 12 months will consist of not using stem cells for research; homosexuals marrying each other; how Hillary gets treated on the campaign trail; Obama's middle name; and various and sundry other non-issues like Clinton Library papers or a 2008 Terry Schiavo; anything that obfuscates real, substantive issues that affect all Americans.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Repubes are starting wwwwaaaaayyyyyy too early with the Hillary fearmongering bit.

1. She has to win the nomination first.

2. By the time she does (and I expect she will) and it's time to vote, the lemmings will be so fatigued by it they may just stay home.

The GOP is trying to use Hillary as their cash cow (so to speak) to play catch-up, but there's only so much blood you can squeeze out of a turnip. Especially with $3 gas that could easily be $3.50-$4 this time next year.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

For once, you and I agree on something.

All sides are morons right now. And it's the American people who suffer.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

They're already flogging the Hillary horse, and they're still getting clobbered. They are getting outraised by the Democrats, and that just doesn't happen.

McCain is past broke.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I don't think we had liberal politics in the first Clinton Administration. Tightened welfare policies, don't ask don't tell, and the Telecommunications Act, which fed media consolidation and put many of our peers (or ourselves) out of work.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Many of your peers are out of work because of the Internet - which Al Gore invented.

Draft saved Draft deleted