1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ringtone that people over 24 can't hear

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jun 12, 2006.

?

Can you hear it?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2006.
  1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Flash

Flash Guest

Head it ... and my dog woke up.

2. top_dog

top_dog New Member

Mid-30s and can't hear it with volume turned down a bit - Put my kids (15/11) across the room and played it and they both knew instantly when it came on. "Dad, you're old" they said.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No, we wouldn't. Otherwise we'd have no more "Let's get drunk Simon laid" threads. :D

4. hpdrifter

hpdrifter Member

Heard it. Damn, hurt my ears. Can I sue?

5. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Because they're attention whores who want everyone to know their phone is ringing because they're so popular/important.

I might be the only person under the age of 35 who gets embarassed when his phone rings out loud. It's on vibrate 90 percent of the time.

6. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Heard it, reminded me of the end of "Pi"

7. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

if I ever meet someone whose phone plays that ringtone everytime someone calls, I believe I'll have to kill them.
    my ears hurt.

8. T2

T2 Member

My 59-year-old ears heard nothing at first, so I turned up the volume (no pets around). Now I think I faintly perceive the 17,000 Hertz tone. But the subharmonics from my computer speakers, at what I'm guessing are 8,500 Hertz and 133 Hertz, are louder to me. The end result: an odd, soft hum, not objectionable at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted