1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Riches

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Apr 17, 2007.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Maybe I've missed previous discussions on here, but I haven't noticed a lot of talk about this show. I think there was one thread but I'm tracking it down.

If you haven't watched, it's outstanding. And it just keeps getting better each week.

Great storylines (there were a few holes you had to overlook at the start, but nothing too terribly unreal) and really great acting. As the shows have gone on, you can see Izzard and Driver getting more and more comfortable with each other and getting better. And they were pretty damn good to start with.

2. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Minnie Driver.... yum

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I've seen every episode. It's really getting better and better. Love the kids in school and love how he comes off as a great lawyer simply by being a good bs-er. Saves my Monday nights.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The wife keeps bugging me to watch with her. I just haven't had time to add another show, especially with Heroes returning on Monday nights next week. Do the fans on here think it would be confusing to jump on at this point?

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

no

6. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

Decent show. Definitely helped fill the void with no Prison Break or Heroes on Mondays. Thank goodness Heroes is returning.

7. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

FX is money yet again. This show has quickly reached must-see TV and the chemistry between Izzard and Driver is on point. It's some of the best TV out there.

Minnie Driver flashing her legs is never a bad thing.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

As someone who lives in the city where the show is set, I find it amusing when you can see mountains in the background of the Riches' neighborhood. The closest thing to a mountain in Baton Rouge are the two Indian mounds on the LSU campus.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Does anyone have a little problem with Eddie Izzard playing a deep-South gypsy ... with a British accent??

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

This is a great show getting better each week. Shottie....I'm able to overlook the accent thing, maybe the character wasn't born in the States....lord knows there's no shortage of Travellers/Gypsies in Europe.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Besides, as pointed out earlier, the mountains in Baton Rouge are far more ridiculous.

Draft saved Draft deleted