1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Riches"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Mar 13, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Anyone else see it tonight? It's the new FX series with Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver.

VERY intense; not nearly as light as I expected. But it shows signs of being something special.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Damn that was tonight? Hopefully, I can catch one of the repeats. It looks pretty damn good.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

It was OK, I thought. But I kind of wrote the first one off as the setup episode. All the rest should deal with them trying to make that "American dream" work. I talked to a critic friend who has seen several episodes and he said it really picks up after the first couple. He enjoyed it, so much so that I noticed they used a portion of his review in the promos.

With the backwoods family and all, it sort of reminded me HBO's "Big Love," which I really enjoy.

4. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

More rich Brit actors pretending, unconvincingly, to be American yahoos. No thanks.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I don't know why I didn't expect them to be white gypsies given the storyline, but their early lifestyle kind of threw me.

Eddie Izzard should have been a breakout star before now. This is it.

Draft saved Draft deleted