1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rev. J. L. gives you the scoop on OJ, Barry Bonds and Mack Brown

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by LBSE, Oct 19, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And sometimes I am reminded why I spend way too much time on SportsJournalists.com.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That might replace King James as my favorite version of the Bible.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Shemp to Curly.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I want to run and hide.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i thought it was booby boy by the time that person made its fifth post.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Fried-egg tits?

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yuck, yuck, cutting up the competition.

Wonder if dude's bosses at Cox know of his foray onto the Interwebs. I'm sure they'd be thrilled.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yup

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Post. Whore.

10. LBSE

LBSE New Member

Thanks Flash: I finally feel validated for taking eight years of Latin and never having stepped foot in a Catholic church.

DECEMBER 29, 1997: There is a tiny mobile home sitting quietly on the corner of a dark country road somewhere near the tiny town of Conroe, Texas. It is painted bright yellow, and seated on the dilapidated porch between two rusty reclining chairs is a dingy mutt of a dog; a small cloud of flies attend it. Inside Jim Donaldson, a 19-year-old meat market manager from the local Wal-Mart, sits playing video games as his 20-year-old and very pregnant girlfriend watches on. The walls are bare except for a huge collection of Rebel flags, T-shirts, and buttons -- an apt shrine to the memory of the "Old" South. I believe the name of the Hank Williams, Jr., tune playing loudly on the stereo -- by far the newest and most valuable piece of equipment in the home -- is "If the South Would Have Won." To many blacks, this is a scene from Deliverance. It is exactly how we, as children, envision our white hillbilly oppressors, when we are told stories of their horrific past deeds to keep us wary of our melanin-challenged brethren. For many whites, Jim and his girlfriend are the precise definition of white-trash, undereducated and poor, living on the outskirts of real life. I see them as basically good people, a little misguided, but with good hearts. Of course, I have known Jim since we were kids, and he is my best friend.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

You took seven years too many to learn a dead language.

Draft saved Draft deleted