1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rev. Al puts his money where his mouth is.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Oct 6, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Google Jesse Jackson not ordained, watch what comes up...

2. boots

boots New Member

Nothing new here mark. Sorry.
    Mark, again, he can't ordain himself. I gave you the date when it happened. I don't know the site but if I remember correctly, it was Chicago. If he were not an ordained minister, I seriously doubt that he would continue to hold such a title for the post 39 years.
    Gotta come up with something better on this one.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

And again, Google what I said. You'll see lots of stuff, I know there is a date, but it wasn't a real ordination. No church, no nothing. He just said was was a Rev and that was it.
    He also went on TV the day after MLK's murder saying he was on the balcony, but lo and behold, he went and hid.

4. boots

boots New Member

Mark, I don't know how old you are. I suspect judging from your posts that you wren't born when King was assasinated. The stories about his not being on the balcony when King was shot aren't new. He has said as much, that he arrived as King lay mortally wounded.
    No one can just call themselves a reverend mark. If that was the case, you can call yourself Rev. Mark. Do you believe everything that is on google? The stories are basically from one person. Also, if he wasn't a reverend, don't you think by now much would have been made about it.
    If you don't like the guy, that's one thing, but I think you're out on a limb on this one.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Just because I might have not been alive when MLK was assassinated means I can't possibly know anything about it?
    Oh, guess what...I was.

6. boots

boots New Member

Mark, for the sake of argument here? Were you old enough to know that MLK was assasinated? Were you old enough to understand the implications of his death?
    Of course you can look up information about anyone that's what history is all about. But you have yet to address my main questions: if Jackson isn't an ordained minister, why is he still referred to as "Reverend" and why hasn't this issue been brought up in the 39 years since?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Because everyone is afraid of him because he pulls out the race card at the drop of a hat.

And once again, I'm not getting into the stereotyping of "if you didn't live it, you can't understand it"
    I can have an opinion, but I'm not justifying it to you. You seem once again to be headed in this direction of having to approve opinions.

8. boots

boots New Member

There you go assuming again. And as usual, you are wrong. You have your opinion and the facts are that you don't like Jackson. Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken, the guy who wrote the book that he wsn't an ordained minister is black so race isn't an issue.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

That's right, I don't like the con artist fake.
    He's not a Reverend, not in title and certainly not in conduct.

10. boots

boots New Member

Mark, you've already established you don't like him. Now, how about answering my questions?

11. markvid

markvid Guest

No. I don't have to.

12. boots

boots New Member

Ok Mark. I sense that you're getting upset so we'll leave it alone.

Draft saved Draft deleted