1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rev. Al puts his money where his mouth is.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Oct 6, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Good for him, slamming Isiah.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Hey, even Al Sharpton can get smart.
  3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Can someone tell me how the video was leaked? It was played as part of the testimony, right?

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Sorry, folks...Al is off-base here.
    Why is it ok for ANY man to call ANY woman that?
    He's only whining because it involves a black person.
  5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Since we rip Al all the time for not taking his own community to task, it's commendable.
  6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It is . . . but it's one small step on a very, very long road for that manipulative faker.
  7. markvid

markvid Guest

But he's only complaining that this was said to a black woman.
    How about whining when it's to a white one?
    That said, pretty pathetic Al found a way to even attach himself to this one.
  8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm not his biggest fan, but he is condemned often for not speaking out against fellow blacks. He does so now, he shouldn't be ripped.
  9. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

When asked whether he felt there was anything for which he should apologize, Thomas insisted on Saturday: "I never said it. I never said it."

When asked to elaborate, Thomas declined, suggesting he frequently had his comments misinterpreted by the media -- including an infamous case in which he was quoted as saying that Larry Bird would be considered "just another good guy" rather than a mega-star, if he were black.

"You can't say that. You can say what you didn't say because if you say what you didn't say, than y'all print what is said. That's how you got me on the Bird stuff," Thomas said. "Whenever you say something, it just twists it."

Isiah Thomas oughta pay someone to seal off his mouth with concrete, maybe make a nice ornamental planter. He doesn't know what the fuck he says anymore. Just read that last graf a coupla times.

It's all a big conspiracy, ain't it, Zeke?
  10. boots

boots New Member

What's sad is that the media listens to Al. If he farts, it's printed. He is not the "leader" of the African American community. He's no more a leader than Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter is of the white community. Al is just someone who speaks about issues and the media, which is predominately white, lives and breathes on his every word. That is pathetic. It's time to upgrade the media roledex.
  11. markvid

markvid Guest

That's what I'll never get, given his history of extortion, lies, etc why he and Jesse the fornicator are still teated like gods by the media.
    Oh, did you know Jesee's not even a Rev, he just made the title up? He apparently left school after a year, but didn't matter, still calls himself a Rev. I'd love to see some outlet investigate that.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's actually pretty amazing Sharpton hasn't attempted to tie the whole mess to Dolan and scrub Isiah completely clean, paint Isiah and Browne-Sanders both as victims of the rich white man.
Draft saved Draft deleted