1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The return of Scrubs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I can get behind anything that puts Patricia Heaton on my TV screen.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

You no good rotten SOB. I wanted to say that! Or post it, in this case.

Just saw "My Lunch" on Comedy Central. One of the best Scrubs episodes...hilarity and tragedy, in equal doses.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

But we already know his name! Isn't it Jan Itor (YAN E-tor)? ;D

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's either that or Neil Flynn. "Tell anyone and I'll kill ya."

6. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

That episode contains my favorite JD/Janitor exchange.

"YOU'RE AN ACTOR!"
    "YOU'RE A FIREMAN! ...What are we doin'?"

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone see tonight's episodes? Very solid...last week had a bit of an awkward "yeah we haven't been around in basically two years, so here's a re-introduction of everyone and everything" feel to it. And the well-done second episode felt like Lawrence saying "See? We haven't lost our fastball, even if we have to show you something you've already seen to remind you."

Tonight's episodes just felt like Scrubs. More goofiness than tenderness, but the goofiness was classic whimsical Scrubs (Courteney Cox mocking Cox' last name, JD and Elliott riffing on Friends). The Janitor was friggin hilarious and the very interesting angle in the second show (that I won't blurt out in case anyone is TIVOing) Sets Up The Rest Of The Season Nicely.

Only quibble: Kelso's gone from rotten bastard with no redeeming qualities to complex man with a lot going on underneath his dastardly veneer to complete softie. The first transition took six years, the latest one took 20 minutes.

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I forgot and caught only the last 15 minutes. Fuck.

Are they being re-aired like last week?

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Sadly, it doesn't look like it. And no eps next Tuesday, because of inauguration stuff.

I gotta say it. Scrubs has me back. Watched the Wednesday eps last week, and got hooked again. Watched last night, and the two eps were just as good. Sorry, Mentalist.

"Thank you, Dr. Itor."
    "Call me Jan."

And loving the outtakes they're airing at the end.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Sold, very solid thus far.

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Yeah, I'll try ABC.com.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I really dug the Broadway style coffee shop scenes with JD and Elliot in the second episode last night. The all-black background, just the two of them trying to find reasons why they shouldn't get together.

Draft saved Draft deleted