1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The return of Scrubs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Noticing that ABC is promoting the hell out of the show's return on Tuesday, and I have to say I don't really care all that much. I loved, loved, loved the show its first few seasons, then NBC started dicking around with the schedule and premiere date, and I lost interest unless I just happened on it.

Now, ABC is bringing it back. Is anyone really waiting with baited breath for it, or did NBC kill it long ago?

As an aside, Entertainment Weekly has an interview with its creator, Bill Lawrence, that's pretty cool. He spills some details on this season (SPOILERS!), but also has a rant at the end that I think fits in pretty well with the consensus here about network television. Enjoy.
    http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/01/exclusive-scrub.html#more

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

BYH and Mikey?

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Your baited breath probably smells really bad.

Your bated breath, on the other hand, would be an indicator of great anticipation.

4. Killick

I eat a lot of herring. ;D
    Good catch, sir. Bated.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yeah, it's a bad idea to merely touch a Power Worm with bare hands. Can't imagine putting one in your mouth. Ewwww.

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I loved the first three or four seasons. Then it just got absolutely insane, with everyone having weird fantasies that only J.D. used to have and the original premise of the characters falling by the wayside.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Seaty Teddy gets a girlfriend? This I gotta see.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

NBC was idiotic to cancel a show that was already in syndication. Scrubs has never gotten good ratings, but once you have 100 or so episodes done, the only reason you cancel is if the show gets too expensive or if the stars start quitting. There is a reason why According to Jim is still on.

This season is pure profit for ABC.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I'm waiting for it. I still love this show. Is Courtney Cox-Arquette in for the whole season, or just part?

And more Sarah Chalke for me please!

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I can't wait for this season to start -- though I will because I work every Tuesday. I'll catch it on Hulu two days later like I did last season.

NBC screwed up, but it's all in the past. I'm sure this will be Scrubs' last season; I heard Braff is is done after this one, and I don't see them going on without him. Lawrence and the writing staff had big, big plans for their series finale last season before the writers' strike, but they had to cancel it. This season's going to be big.

For those who lost interest in the third or four seasons, you're missing some pretty great episodes -- especially in Seasons 5 and 6. Do yourself a favor and go back and watch.

11. She is in like three or four episodes.

12. Killick

Okay, I'm there. Have been a huge fan of Mrs. Arquette since the Bruce video and the ill-fated 80s show "Misfits of Science."

Rawr.

Draft saved Draft deleted