1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Return of Ricky Williams

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Nov 14, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

He will play in the NFL again. For the New England Patriots.

3. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

What's really amazing is that the Dolphins have rushed for more than 100 yards in seven consecutive games, the longest current streak in the NFL.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, if his time with the Argos is any indication, who'd want him?

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Now that everything Canadian is worth a little more than it is here, (and you do have the longer field after all) I would say that whatever he did in Canada, he'd only need to do about 80% here in the US and still be a smashing success.

6. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Nobody, you'd think.
    Unless a team is looking for an overrated running back who cares less about winning than a casual fan does.
    When Barry Sanders walked away from the game, it seemed like he had a legitimate reason and was sincere about it.
    This guy, I'm not so sure. Extending beyond the NFL and sports, has there ever been a success story from someone who appeared to just be going through the motions, without any zeal for what their doing?
    Ricky Williams always struck me as someone that was in football because he was good at it, not because he had a passion for it.
    I don't know him so I can't say that for certain, just how it appeared to me.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Goodell has a sense of humor. He just wants to see what Williams' return will do to the Dolphins.

8. Oh, please make it so.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Randy Moss' productivity would go WAY down.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

But his level of paranoia would go way up.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Doritos sales around Foxboro would sky-rocket.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Don't forget about Fronions. Yeah. ...

Draft saved Draft deleted