1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The return of Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Feb 7, 2007.

1. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

The next 15 weeks are going to kick serious ass.
    Between Friday Night Lights and LOST, all my Wednesday nights are locked up.
    What about that Wednesday BEFORE the NCAA tourney?

Might have to call in sick wednesday, thursday, and friday.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I was riveted, too. But then I view it as an hour of entertainment, not clues to the meaning of life. I don't analyze, I just enjoy the ride. And then I don't think about it until I see the next episode.

3. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

That's good, thought. Questions SHOULD be answered. We complain when they're not.

4. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Good episode. And it looks like next week we get back to the rest of the crew, which would be nice as one can only take so much of Jack being morose.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

terrific episode. it seems like we actually got an answer to a big question last night -- what the heck the 'others' are doing on this island. ok, it was only answered in general terms but i assume they were conducting experiments similar to the ones libby was doing in miami on the animals (like the polar bear?) that were originally in the cages in which sawyer and kate were housed.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Am I a sick bastard for enjoying the ex husband getting mowed down by the bus?

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's what he gets for playing the slimeball governor on Oz. :)

8. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I think there should be a crossover episode with Grey Anatomy and Lost where they have to bring one of the soctors to the Island to save the others from total unimaginable medical problem.

Then on the crossover one of the flashbacks on Lost could include a trip to Seattle Grace by one of the castaways.

(I'm not serious)

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Hey, Jack and McDreamy have the same last name and they're both doctors on the same network. They could be related.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Clever -- I'm sorry, but we now have to revoke your 'man' card for knowing that much info about 'McDreamy'... whoever that is.

11. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

As much as I've complained about the show never providing answers, I was strangely upset to see them tying up the first of umpteen loose ends. Part of the attraction is the show's mystery. I've had tons of fun thinking about all of the wild things that could have taken place, but I'm afraid now that the explanation will be too contrived and just not sexy enough to live up to my wild fantasies.

I did see a quote from one of the show's producers. Asked what the show as about, he said it was about people who were lost both in their lives and in a physical sense. Of course, we've known for some time that each person had an unresolved issue to deal with.

I still love the show, but nothing can compare to the Hatch season. That was absolutely incredible. And that's probably the show's biggest challenge. How do you live up to that lofty standard?

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watched it last night -- very interesting. Obviously, there is some issue with fertility and children -- Alex, Aaron, Walt. The whole Clockwork Orange thing was pretty freaky as well.

Did anyone count back to how long Juliet was on the Island -- it was around the time of 9/11, no?

Draft saved Draft deleted