1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Return of 24 On FOX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, May 5, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Based on the ratings, I would guess they will have another season. I doubt they do a cliffhanger like that unless they have some plans to come back.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I was checking out 24spoilers.com during the season of 24 LAD, and folks there made it sound like the main producer had signed up to two seasons.

3. RecoveringJournalist

If that's the case (and I completely believe that) then the stories where the producer said they were going to kill Jack in the final episode was full of shit.

I had read a rumor that Sutherland, Rajskub and Strahovski agreed months ago to come back for another season. Not sure if it was limited to those three, but those were the ones mentioned.

4. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Apparently ol' Jack is an ass to work with. https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/freddy-prinze-jr-kiefer-sutherland-24-unprofessional-quit-acting-155438558.html

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

For me it's the end result that counts

6. RecoveringJournalist

Not surprising at all. Some of the complaints came from actors who were working with him when Kiefer was having all of his personal problems, but I don't think anyone would be surprised to hear this. He's always had a reputation for being a super-intense, hard-drinking guy. That's not usually a great combination.

7. RecoveringJournalist

This too. FPJ doesn't exactly have a glowing reputation. Just ask Kevin Smith.

8. Boom_70

Jack Bauer is one of the iconic tv characters of our time-- created
    by Kiefer Sutherland, not Freddy Prinze

9. RecoveringJournalist

Jack Bauer vs. the guy who will be remembered the most as Fred from Scooby Doo. :D

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Preventing She's All That 2 would be more heroic than anything else Jack has prevented.

11. Boom_70

Donald Sutherland in any roll vs Chico

12. RecoveringJournalist

Sutherland hung around a little longer too.

Draft saved Draft deleted