1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Return of 24 On FOX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, May 5, 2014.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sorry, but it is a day later. When you clicked on this, did you not expect people to talk about what happened?

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just watched the episode where Heller "sacrifices" himself.

It kinda pissed me off that they tipped their hand in that there was no silent clock at the end. The moment would've been better, I think, with a silent countdown. The normal clock just made me think something's up, and that he really wasn't in the stadium. Why give away something like that?

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Sepinwall pointed out they painted themselves into a corner with it. It was a cool tribute thing when they did it the first few times, but now they are stuck when they want to do a twist like that. If they do a silent clock and he's not dead people will bitch it's manipulative and dishonest. Let it tick and it spoils the surprise.

4. KYSportsWriter

I know they've done the silent clock several times before, but I seem to remember them doing one when someone was supposed to die but didn't. I remember fans being mad then, so I can see where Sepinwall is coming from.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Didn't they do a silent clock at the end of Season 2 after the assassination attempt on President Palmer? Pretty sure they did.

Also, they did one with catatonic Audrey at the end of Season 5 or 6, right?

6. KYSportsWriter

The one with Palmer wasn't really a silent clock. IIRC, it was his breathing.

They did one with Jack staring off into the sunset after seeing Audrey one last time, which I believe was Season 6. Season 5 was slow boat to China, right?

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yeah, catatonic Audrey was Season 6. What a terrible season.

Speaking of which, I remember people being pissed that Curtis didn't get a silent clock.

8. KYSportsWriter

I was at first, but it really wasn't warranted.

9. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Sometimes this show is realistic; other times it's just a modern day Bruce Willis tale. Really disappointed he didn't get killed off. And how about that toss of the terrorist son out the window? Wow. lol.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I liked the toss of the terrorist better. "The only death on my head will be yours!"

11. KYSportsWriter

Reading up on whether Fox will bring back LAD for another season, and it's not looking good. The viewership has plummeted more than 2 million and the ratings in the key demo have gone from 2.5 to 1.4.

12. KYSportsWriter

That was a decent episode, though I'm confused as to what was blown up at the end.

Draft saved Draft deleted